Cognassist, a Cognitive Assessment Platform, is one of the fastest growing SaaS/Tech platforms in the UK, helping education providers deliver better experiences for learners. Cognassist’s online assessment works by quickly and easily identifying learners with additional learning needs, assessing those needs, and providing support for both learners and tutors.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an experienced product owner, ideally with product led growth experience, to join Cognassist at a pivotal stage in the evolution of our product. You will work closely with stakeholders across the business to help define and deliver the product roadmap. Working as part of the product engineering function you will be responsible for defining user stories, acceptance criteria and executing against priority roadmap items.
As a Product Owner at Cognassist you will:
- Act as the voice of the customer within the engineering team.
- Plan and prioritise enhancements to our existing products as well as lead initiatives for new product development.
- Work as part of the engineering team to translate problems into solutions.
- Be comfortable maintaining and prioritising a product backlog.
- Be hands on with the detail and take ownership of translating requirements into actionable backlog items.
- Translate big picture initiatives into smaller iterative backlog items.
- Work closely with UX/UI design to create wireframes and prototypes.
- Coordinate activities with the Agile Delivery Manager.
- Coach and develop junior members of the product team.
- Become a domain expert.
- Help to lead and control agile practices across the business, keeping up to date with best practise and trends.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working within a SaaS environment.
- Excellent ethnographic and empathy skills to drive a user focused culture.
- Exceptional organisational, communication and time management skills.
- Experience leveraging data and insights to steer and influence product decisions.
- Experience managing multiple workstreams of varying size and complexity.
- Experience using product development tools such as Jira or Azure DevOps.
- Scrum Product Owner certification would be advantageous.
- Experience of working as a Product Owner or Product Manager in an agile software delivery environment is essential.