Cognassist, a Cognitive Assessment Platform, is one of the fastest growing SaaS/Tech platforms in the UK, helping education providers & businesses deliver better experiences for learners/employees. Cognassist’s online assessment works by quickly and easily identifying learners with additional learning needs, assessing those needs, and providing support.
We built Cognassist to help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future. We’re on a mission to make sure, no learner is left behind.
Note: This is a fully remote UK homeworker role, and candidates must live in the UK and have the right to work in the UK. Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas.
- Designing, Building, testing, and deploying elegant and secure solutions.
- Writing clean code with good level of unit and integration test coverage.
- Identifying areas of improvement in current systems.
- Ensuring current solutions run flawlessly.
- Contributing to technical direction short, medium, and long term.
- Managing and refining your backlog with your team and Product Owners.
- Organising and leading your team and cross team activities (if in a lead role).
Skills and Experience
- 3 years+ experience building modern user interfaces with HTML 5, CSS, Less, SAAS, with responsive design patterns.
- Experience building component libraries from style guides.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy etc.
- Exposure to Docker and container orchestration engines such as Kubernetes.
- Some exposure to cloud tech would be beneficial, Ideally Azure.
- Some exposure to backend tech in .NET Core would help in the role, definitely not a requirement.
- A good understanding of modern architectural patterns.
- Worked in an agile environment using methodologies such as Scrum and delivered software increments frequently.
- A good understanding of the complexities of scale.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn about and use new technologies with support from team lead.
- Ability to review, understand and make changes to existing code.
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team (Product, Engineering, Architecture, Testing).
- Ability to work independently seeking whilst being able to seek guidance from team lead where necessary.
- Ideally (but not required) a degree in a tech related discipline.
- Any other certifications would be beneficial.
What's in it for You?
- EMI company share scheme, meaning you would own a percentage of shares, turning into significant monetary value in time.
- Westfield Health Care plan.
- Excellent discounts/wider wallet.
- 5% matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (33 days)
- Paid wellbeing days, volunteer days, and study days.
- Staff parties and events.
- Modern homeworking tech kit.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay.
- And being part of something AMAZING!