Cognassist, a Cognitive Assessment Platform, is one of the fastest growing SaaS/Tech platforms in the UK, helping education providers & businesses deliver better experiences for learners/employees. Cognassist’s online assessment works by quickly and easily identifying learners with additional learning needs, assessing those needs, and providing support.
We built Cognassist to help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future. We are on a mission to make sure that no learner is left behind!
We currently have a vacancy for a Head of IT to join our Cognassist family, whose responsibility it will be to manage IT & IS functions as part of a small IT team (one of two). This person will need to be self-motivated & adaptable, and comfortable with remote working in a fast growing & changing environment. The role will have a primary focus on IS, and the successful candidate will have a hands on approach to day-to-day tasks & issues relating to InfoSec, GDPR, ISO, & audits, and will work closely with our IT Support Engineer to ensure the smooth running of operations and compliance across all areas of IT & IS.
What will the Role Involve?
- Management of all IT and IS technology, remote access (we are presently a fully remote team), telephone and video conferencing/meeting systems.
- Employee life-cycle IT engagement from onboarding, training, and support, through to off-boarding, ensuring excellent service provision and asset management throughout.
- Management of GDPR, Data Protection, ISO Accreditation, Cyber Security and governance and reporting, we take PII very seriously and need to know you do too.
- Building your team and the interactions they have with stakeholders across the business and with external third-party vendors.
- Continuously assessing, monitoring, and upgrading business IT systems and IT processes through our journey, including all aspects of change management.
- Implementation of IT strategy to support the business throughout its growth, including the strategy justification, board approval and successful tactical roll-out and ongoing operation, reporting and improvement programs.
- Team leader & line manager responsibilities of the IT team.
Skills & Experience that We're Looking For
- A proven track record of building and scaling an IT function and people.
- An ability to understand IT & systems in a wider commercial context.
- Exceptional project, change management and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of ITIL. A strong communicator at all levels.
- A clear awareness and understanding of the tech stack that might be required to meet our long-term growth aspirations.
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- A strong grasp of data security with experience of being a DPO preferred.
- Good technical knowledge in IT & IS management, infrastructure and applications, data warehousing, architecture and networking and cloud platforms, particularly Azure.
- Multi-year experience building/configuring and scaling Office 365/Azure AD and all related technology such as AV/Security etc.
- Track record achieving/maintaining ISO27001 certification and other relevant certifications.
- Appropriate qualifications to evidence suitability for the role.
- Previous head of function experience including leading a small IT team.
Key Competencies Required
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to prioritise and manage conflicting priorities.
- Respond flexibly to change.
- Experienced understanding of the IT systems & technology used at Cognassist.
- Ability to analyse high level requirements and propose implementation solutions for new functionality / changes to existing functionality.
- Experience in working with non-IT stakeholders to discuss and provide updates on work in progress.
- Creative thinking to identify new ways to improve & deliver IT/IS processes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the wider organisational team.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in an IT leadership role, preferably within a high growth technology driven environment.
- IT/IS related degree is desirable.
What's in it for You?
- EMI company share scheme, meaning you would own a percentage of shares, turning into significant monetary value in time.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Westfield Health Care plan.
- Excellent discounts/wider wallet.
- 5% matched contribution pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (33 days)
- Paid wellbeing days, volunteer days, and study days.
- Staff parties and events.
- Modern homeworking tech kit.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay.
- And being part of something AMAZING!
- Candidates must be located in the UK & have the right to work in the UK.
- Management level - head of function.
- We look forward to receiving your application!