Cognassist, a Cognitive Assessment Platform, is one of the fastest growing SaaS/Tech platforms in the UK, helping education providers & businesses deliver better experiences for learners/employees. Cognassist’s online assessment works by quickly and easily identifying learners with additional learning needs, assessing those needs, and providing support.
We built Cognassist to help every learner reach their full potential and empower learning providers for the future. We are on a mission to make sure that no learner is left behind!
The role presents an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and ferociously ambitious Software as a Service (SaaS) organisation, which works with both education providers and businesses (B2B).
- Line management of multiple teams covering multiple disciplines.
- Coordinating work across multiple teams.
- Planning and executing strategies for completing work on time.
- Prioritize, delegate and supervise all engineers’ activities and deliverables.
- Manage, support, coach, mentor and evaluate engineers’ performance.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Recruitment and building teams.
- Provide input in strategic technical decisions and solutions, when needed.
- Providing clear and concise goals and objectives to engineering teams.
- Grow and mentor a diverse team of engineers and Engineering Managers, ensuring they are clear on our strategy, customer focus and inclusive culture.
- Build relationships across the business.
- Grow and mentor a diverse team of engineers, ensuring they are clear on strategy, customer focus and inclusive culture.
- Identify trends of issues across engineering teams and proactively work with teams to mitigate issues. Representing Engineering during a Major Incident situation.
- Develop KPI’s.
Core Areas Where you will Spend your Time
- Daily stand-ups.
- Unblocking the team.
- Meetings with other managers and stakeholders.
- Project management.
- Administrative stuff.
- A bit of coding (maybe).
Required Skills & Experience
- Multiple years’ experience in software engineering ideally in SaaS.
- Experience leading and developing agile teams.
- Experience of the full SDLC in a fast-paced environment with CI/CD.
- Working in a cloud first environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Experience building high performing engineering teams with “Learn and grow” mindset.
- Experience building effective relationships and process amongst various stakeholders, primarily Product functions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn about and use new technologies.
- Ability to review, understand and make changes to existing code.
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team (Product, Engineering, Architecture, Testing).
- Desire and ability to automate.
- Ideally (but not required) a degree in a tech related discipline.
- Scum Master or Project Management beneficial but not essential.
What's in it for You?
- EMI company share scheme, meaning you would own a percentage of shares, turning into significant monetary value in time.
- Competitive salary.
- Westfield Health Care plan.
- Excellent discounts/wider wallet.
- 5% matched contribution pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (33 days).
- Paid wellbeing days, volunteer days, and study days.
- Staff parties and events.
- Modern homeworking tech kit.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay.
- And being part of something AMAZING!
- Full-time 37.5 hours per week, permanent, fully remote/homeworking.
- Company job band 4.
- Candidates must be located in the UK & have the right to work in the UK.