Assistant Management Accountant
Cognassist is a neuro-inclusion SaaS platform for large employers and educators. With Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion now a major pillar of every good employer’s agenda, neurodiversity has quickly become a significant problem to solve.
Cognassist provides scalable and long-term solutions for employers to become legally compliant towards neurodiversity, aids in the creation of neuro-inclusive working environments that leads to lower staff attrition and provides cognitive mapping solutions so all employees can map and learn about their own cognition in order to self-develop with mind hacks designed for the working environment.
- Processing invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
- Setting up new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements
- Assisting in the preparation of purchase summaries
- Processing business expense returns
- Cashbook and petty cash cheques
- Processing BACS payments and preparing cheques
- Preparing monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and other financial reports.
- Developing and overseeing financial systems and procedures and identifying and implementing improvements.
- Controlling income and expenditure within the business producing variance analysis to budgets.
- Supporting with generic accountancy tasks.
- Communicating with all levels within the organisation and being able to present financial information to non - finance members of staff.
- Analysing and managing risk within the business.
Required Skills & Experience
- A solid foundation of basic accounting skills is required for this role, including an understanding of the generally accepted accounting principles
- A commercial understanding of business is also important, along with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels to advise and liaise with senior members of staff.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- All duties should be carried out with a high degree of organisational and strategic thinking skills.
What's in it for You?
- EMI company share scheme, meaning you would own a percentage of shares, turning into significant monetary value in time.
- Competitive salary.
- Westfield Health Care plan.
- Fully flexible working.
- AIG Life insurance.
- Excellent discounts/wider wallet.
- 5% matched contribution pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (33 days).
- Paid wellbeing days, volunteer days, and study days.
- Quarterly values awards.
- Staff parties and events.
- Modern homeworking tech kit.
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay.
- And being part of something AMAZING!
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Uniqueness is a superpower
- Our culture really matters to us at Cognassist.
- We know our vision of creating a more inclusive world, starts with us.
- Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. We welcome candidates from all walks of life.
- We’re committed to authentically investing in our people.
- We provide our teams with the best possible benefits, the latest tools, and nurturing environments to work in.
- We always strive to empower people to do their best work and deliver real impact.
Assistant Management Accountant
Loading application form
Already working at Cognassist?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.